Sunday, December 27, 2009

This Week's Sales:
It's Semi-Annual Sale Time!

OK folksies, here's your sales fix for this week. I'm about 3/4 asleep at the moment, so you'll have to forgive any typos or off-topic ramblings. Fortunately for my bank account and my sleep schedule, there aren't a ton of sales this week, though many sites are having year-end "blow out" sales that may or may not contain beauty booty. Here's what I do know:

HauteLook has a couple of heavy hitters this week, starting with Kevyn Aucoin this Monday, December 28th. On Wednesday the 30th the site hosts Becca followed by aMENity (the brand's typography, not mine!) on Friday, January 1st, 2010.

The only other news in on-line beauty sales is Cake Beauty and Clark's Botanicals over at The Fairest, and The Skinny's return on the 30th when they'll be showcasing MBeze.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that two GIANTS of the retail world are currently having huge sales in their brick-and-mortar stores. Bath & Body Works started their Semi-Annual Sale this past week, and in an unheard of move, Victoria's Secret will be starting their winter Semi-Annual Sale tomorrow at 8am! Victoria's Secret has traditionally started SAS in January; I'd take the early start as a sign that the holiday season wasn't as big as they'd hoped, and I can tell you with comfortable authority (I was a manager with the company's beauty division for 5 years) that the deals will be KILLER!

For those of you who don't usually shop there, be aware that some Bath & Body Works and Victoria's Secret stores have at times carried prestige vendors like Frederic Fekkai, Jaqua, Nars, Vincent Longo and more- some still do, but those that don't anymore are likely to have most of it on clearance. If your store doesn't carry 3rd party, don't fret: both stores have great in-house lines like BBW's Wexler skincare and VS makeup. Due to a re-launch of Victoria's Secret's makeup line that took place this summer, I can promise you're likely to see great deals on makeup in the old packaging (I got a bunch at the last sale for 75% off!) For my suggestions on what to snatch up from VS, check out this post, and have fun shopping!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...