Wednesday, September 14, 2011

30 in 30: Question #22
What Is Your Favorite Toner?

Coming up on the last 10 questions, here's the second of today's three answers:

Question #22. What's your favorite toner?

I hate to break it to y'all, but IMHO, toners are mostly bunk. You can read this post for details, but suffice it to say that unless the toner is bringing something to the party that no one else can, I’m not interested.

For this reason, the only ones I’ve bothered with in the last several years are those that containg glycolic acid, namely ones from Mario Badescu and Reviva Labs. Of course, you can get glycolic acid in many different forms, and for most people, I say you should opt for a moisturizer or serum with glycolic over a toner. The reason I prefer glycolic toners over other treatments boils down to concentration. While most people tolerate glycolic acid well, it happens to be something I’m sensitive to, so for me, less is more. Most glycolic serums and moisturizers have- give or take- about a 10% concentration; a level I simply can’t use. The toners I mentioned hover around 2-3%, allowing me to reap some of the benefits of GA without the adverse effects of higher concentrations.

Aside from instances like this, I skip toner all together. It feels odd at first, but I got over it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...