Wednesday, September 14, 2011

30 in 30: Question #23
What Are Your Favorite
Eye Shadow and Blush Palettes?

Coming up on the last 10 questions, here's the third of today's three answers:

Question #23. What's your favorite eye shadow palette and blush palette?

I’m generally not big on palettes, to tell you the truth. I’d rather pick and choose my own, rather than plunk down $30-50 on something when most likely, I'll only use one or two colors. Having said that, there are a couple that I’d recommend to anyone looking for something different.

The first is one I’ve spoken of several times, Sleek Makeup's Acid iDivine Palette.


Simply amazing shades you won’t find anywhere else. Of course, you won’t find them anywhere in the US, because fluorescent colorants aren’t approved for eye use by the FDA. This doesn’t bother me, since it is totally legal and deemed safe in the EU, where standards for cosmetic approval is typically much more stringent. That’s just my opinion, and a whole 'nother post, so...moving on...

I also highly recommend the generic 120 palettes floating around out there.

BH Cosmetics, Coastal Scents, eBay,- they’re pretty much all the same, and they’re a great way to add a ton of decent quality shades to your arsenal for about what you’d pay for a single MAC shadow. How can you beat that?

As far as blush goes, I can’t say I have a favorite palette. I have somewhere around 40 individual blushes, but that’s because I work on all skin tones. Unless you’re a pro, I honestly don’t think the average person needs more than a couple shades- of course, “need” is rather subjective, now isn't it? In that respect, I'd suggest checking out some of the empty palettes available from MAC, Z Palette or Unii, so you can create your own perfect collection!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...