Wednesday, September 14, 2011

30 in 30: Question #24
What Formula of Eye Shadow Do You Prefer?

We're down to the final few questions, and today's a two for one: here's the first of today's two answers:

Question #24. Which do you like: cream, matte, powder, sheer, or shimmer eye shadows?

I’m definitely a powder shadow girl- they’re easier to apply and blend, and generally stay on better than their cream counterparts. I generally favor pearl/satin finishes, because I find they’re generally most pigmented and truest in pan-to-skin color. Matte shadows have evolved a lot in the past several years, and ones from brands like Inglot, Make Up For Ever and Sugarpill now take up almost equal space in my kit. I rarely use highly shimmery or glittery shadows, as pretty and multifaceted as they are. While I will bust them out for special events, they don’t really fit my daily personal aesthetic, and since even microglitter can wreak havoc in photos, they’re no use in my pro kit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...