Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Beauty Goes Wild!
Japonesque Safari Chic Brush Collection


Safari is big this fall; animal prints are springing up everywhere, and the beauty world is taking its cue!

China Glaze takes your mani On Safari


Tarte gives a shout out with their Call Of The Wild eyeshadow palette


Even Dior is headed to the jungle, with Savannah inspired shades and leopard spotted shadows


But perhaps the most unique (and adorable!) offering I've seen so far is the Safari Chic collection from Japonesque.


Launched exclusively at Ulta, the Safari Chic collection consists of 4 super-soft, completely synthetic brushes with bristles that are actually arranged in a leopard spot pattern! How has nobody thought of this before?! 

The brushes themselves- a kabuki ($22) and a trio set including a plush powder brush, and two shadow brushes ($29.95) are travel sized with shorter handles, but are the perfect working size. The bristles are firm enough to stand up to cream makeup, but fluffy enough to make blending and buffing a breeze. The ferrules are tight, and I've seen not one bristle shed since I started using these almost a month ago. 

My only complaint about the collection is that I did find the two shadow brushes very similar in function; while one brush is larger and slightly more dense, the shape is virtually identical. While both brushes worked well for lid and all-over application, and as blenders, even the smaller crease brush was simply too long and fluffy to provide much precision on a smaller lid like mine. Though I liked each brush individually, I'd simply would have liked to see more variation in the set (perhaps a pencil brush or more compact, shorter bristled lid brush). 

All things considered, I think the Safari Chic collection is a worthy temptation for any animal (or makeup brush) lover! I'm not a mineral makeup fan, but love the kabuki for buffing in my BB and cream foundation, and I've taken to using the larger shadow brush with concealer for an airbrushed finish. Maybe best of all? These babies sure do stand out on a vanity! 

The products featured in this review were submitted for promotional consideration by a representative of the company. What does this mean? I didn't pay for them. My commitment is to you- my readers- and to myself (it's called integrity, I like to have it). The opinions expressed on Outinapout.com are my own, based on my own research and experience; I am not paid in any way nor is the final outcome of the post influenced by any outside party.



3 comments:

Moxiereviews said...

Thank you. I'm really glad that you reviewed the brush collection. I think I'll buy the tarte palette.

Unknown said...

RAWR!!!!
;)

Rinnie (リボン) said...

Drool. I love leopard print! Those brushes are glorious. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...