Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Product Review: Bath and Body Works Mini Candle
in Pumpkin Cupcake


Though it's almost a week past, I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween; sweet, spooky and everything in between! I also want to send my thoughts to everyone who was in the path of Sandy- I hope you're all safe, dry and...electrified (?) as you read this. For those of you that have the means to help, I hope you'll consider making a donation to the American Red Cross or another worthy organization. 

This review is a little different for me, but in my mind, it fits... I adore fragrance, in all forms. Though home fragrance isn't exactly beauty, it does go a long way toward creating a warm, peaceful environment- and to me, it's essential to creating a beautiful home. When I saw the Bath and Body Works mini candle in my Influenster Beauty Blogger VoxBox, I was psyched. I've been a fan of BBW candles (also sold under the White Barn and Slatkin labels) for a long time, and this box is giving me a good excuse to share my experience.

For those of you who haven't tried BBW candles, here are my general thoughts. I typically find the scents very vivid and realistic- you don't smell the wax burning, only a clear, realistic representation of the fragrance. The amount of fragrance is also very well balanced; it'll fill the room without giving me a headache. Now, on to the scent I received in my box: Pumpkin Cupcake. Smelling the cold wax, it smells pretty much as you'd expect: pumpkin-friendly spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice blended with a bit of a creamy accord. It's not the most unique scent, but it's well done.

I was, however, rather disappointed in the throw (how well the scent fills the room). I lit this in my kitchen, and even standing right next to it, could barely smell it. As I mentioned before, I have been buying candles from Bath and Body Works for years and have never had this issue. Though I was bummed, I decided that perhaps the candle would fare better in a small room, so I put it on my bathroom windowsill and lit it up. Sure enough, that did the trick. Within minutes, the smell had permeated my powder-room, and was even seeping out into the hall. Though the limited throw seems like a limitation, It's hard to complain when I consider the price point- these babies retail for only $3.50, though every time I've been in to the store they've been on a 2 for $5 special. I can imagine a few instances where minis would be a benefit: the smaller candles would be great for those that like to create custom scents by burning a few different fragrances in the same room, and they're also a good way to try new scents without committing to a larger version.

So, what's your favorite home fragrance type & scent? I adore the Coven scented wax tarts made by One Hand Washes the Other, but my new current favorite is another Bath & Body Works scent- French Baguette! It smells amazingly like the real thing and fills my kitchen with the scent of baking bread without all of the mixing and clean-up!

The product featured in this review was submitted for promotional consideration by a representative of the company. What does this mean? I didn't pay for it. My commitment is to you- my readers- and to myself (it's called integrity, I like to have it). The opinions expressed on Outinapout.com are my own, based on my own research and experience; I am not paid in any way nor is the final outcome of the post influenced by any outside party.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I LOVE pumpkin scented things...too bad they only really make sense to use in the fall/winter.

Unknown said...

You could always grab some scented oil from a wholesaler and add it to whatever you like- I've had great luck with Brambleberry.com's fragrance oils.

As long as you get ones that are skin safe, you can add them to lotions, soaps, shower gels, whatever, PLUS you can use a few drops in an oil/tart burner to scent your home. And I checked- Brambleberry has several pumpkin based scents :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...